Thought I'd send out a call for travel advice. It's extremely expensive and most things need to be booked NOW (or last month, really) because apparently hotels & national park tours book up pretty quick during the 4 month tourist season. A vague plan is taking shape, something like:
- 3-4 days in Anchorage
- Drive Talkeetna / Denali / Fairbanks. At least 2 days around Denali, maybe a night in Talkeetna.
- 2-3 days in Fairbanks, visit Chena Hot Springs
- Drive to Valdez, a few days in Valdez, including visiting Kennicott & Copper Mountain
- Back to Kenai Peninsual somehow - maybe ferry? maybe drive back up and turn left at Glennallen?
- 3-5 days on Kenai Peninsula - whale watching, glaciers, kayaking, bears, etc. - would like to stay at a B&B or lodge or something remote & quiet
- Anchorage overnight and fly back.
Any inside secrets to share? Tips & tricks? Send 'em my way in the comments!